"Joy of being a kid"
The ward party was great with food and dancing but probably the most enjoyable part was watching these girls eating their treats. I love taking pictures of people more than anything, but I like to take the picture when they don't know, capturing a real moment in time. Whenever it comes to kids though I always get worried, no one wants to be seen as a creeper of course. I got this picture very carefully.
Oh the joys of being a kid, under the table and enjoying your favorite treats.
"La Reina de México"
our Mother Guadalupe. You will find her hanging on walls in homes, restaurants, businesses, standing high in churches, and even in parking lots you will see her, watching over her people with the blessings of heaven. She is seen as a mother of everyone, and so, she is the great caretaker of her children here in Mexico.
"Tricycle"
Personal businesses like collecting cardboard at night are very common. Not enough to live off of, but is produces extra money on the side. This man is a mechanic by day and by night he does his rounds around the neighborhood collecting what he can to get some pocket change for extra food and needs of his family of four.
"Lost moments in little messages"
These little notes or thoughts you fight written on walls and benches always fascinate me. I long to know who wrote it, and to whom. So much emotion and memory lost, or better, preserved in a note on a fence. This says, "I miss you."
"Moment alone"
The blessing of being ever connected to each other has its downs. Now that we are always connected, I wonder if we ever have time for ourselves away from people, technology, etc. Just us, our minds, and the universe.
"Nafta"
The panal of many highly experienced and knowledgeable people from various corporations of great influence gathered today to speak about the issues between Mexico, U.S.A., and Canada. They discussed the issues of immigration, public health, human rights, and protecting the environment. The meeting is to prepare talks on the creation of another NAFTA agreement but it will include various countries from East Asia. This will most likely raise the competition between the Americas and China and other Asian countries. I walked in expecting a college seminar, I quickly realized how little I knew about the international relations between my own country and our neighbors. At first I thought it was the language barrier, but then I thought to myself, "I understand the words coming out of their mouth, but I don't know what they are talking about. If this was in English I'd but struggling just the same."
"I do"
Marriage, it is an occurrence that in every culture around the world, is a beautiful thing. Walking through the city we came upon this matrimony. The doors were wide open so I decided we might as well attend a bit. It is always great to see people in love.
"the value of learning"
Perhaps one of the most inspiring moments of the week, as we were walking looking at the different stands of souvenirs and trinkets I notice a young girl hunched over. As I peek over the stand to see what was was occupying her I notice she has an English book open and she is doing her homework. She is so focused she doesn't event notice me, so I decided to go ahead and take the picture. Education is so important, so precious, it is inspiring to see when youth value their education to the point that circumstance can't hold them back.
Street performers work in the down town all day on the weekends to take advantage of the massive amount of people who congregate on the weekend. This man is a living statue!










No comments:
Post a Comment