Thursday, May 21, 2015

Search for Home

Home is a hard concept for me. Though I am in Colorado and other places I am familiar with, they still seem foreign at times. It isn't until I am with my loved ones or family that the feeling of Home comes to me. It isn't somewhere I go so much as something that I find as I fall in love over and over again. 

When I am lost and find an old man on the road who stops to ask how I am and we lose ourselves in conversation about politics and family

When I participate in a passionate debate and I realize that I am wrong

When I dance with my body, and also with my soul

When I lift my nieces and nephews into the air and give them the opportunity to know what it feels like to fly.

When I hold my baby nephew in my arms and salsa dance to calm him down

When my brothers and sisters tell me about their lives 

When my Mother says, "I will always love you.."

When my Dad says, "You'll always be my J-bear.."

When a friend says "You didn't fail you have had a victory!"

When friends share their relationship to God with me

Holding a hand, hand on the back, a hug, a kiss, a tear, a smile, and a laugh

A good story

a good word

a good deed

a prayer

                                  .           .         .          .         takes me home.






No comments:

Post a Comment